We may collect personal information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, interact with us on social media, subscribe by email to a newsletter or blog, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available. Users may visit this website anonymously. We will collect personal information from Users only if Users voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain website-related activities.
We may collect non-personal information about Users whenever they interact with us. Non-personal information may include the browser name, the type of computer, and technical information about Users’ means of connection, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
WhistlePig Whiskey may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service – Your information helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more effectively.
- To administer a content, promotion, survey or other feature – Send users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails – The email address Users provide for order processing will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Access to services by individuals who are underage
Our products and services are not directed to individuals under the legal age to purchase alcohol, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from such individuals.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission. We may also disclose personal information to comply with legal obligations.
Your rights to your personal information
You may request to access, correct or remove your personal information. You also may request to receive an electronic copy of your personal information to transmit it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided by applicable law). In each case, we may require you to prove your identity or provide further information to identify your information. We will respond to your requests consistent with applicable law.
- Accessing your personal information
You may ask to see what information we hold about you and to receive an explanation about how we process your data. If you would like to access your personal information, please send an email Privacy@whistlepigrye.com.
- Correcting your personal information
If we hold personal information about you that is incorrect, you have the right to tell us that it is inaccurate and ask us to amend it. We will do this consistent with applicable law. If you would like to correct your personal information, please send an email to Privacy@whistlepigrye.com.
- Removing your personal information
You may ask us to remove or delete your personal information from our database. If you do not want to receive promotional emails, please click here: Privacy@whistlepigrye.com. If you wish to have your personal information removed from our database, please send an email to click here: Privacy@whistlepigrye.com.
2139 Quiet Valley Road
Shoreham, VT 05770
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), you also may:
- Lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region or alleged infringement of applicable data protection law.