At WhistlePig we like to make the ordinary, extra-ordinary, and in classic Vermont-fashion the best way to do that is by adding Vermont Maple Syrup.
We bring you the “Maple New York Sour”, with a presentation that will have your friends ‘floating’ on air.
What You’ll Need
- 2 oz PiggyBack 100% Rye
- ½ oz WhistlePig Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- ½ oz Fruity Red Wine
What You’ll Do
- Fill a shaker about two-thirds full with ice.
- Add the rye whiskey, the lemon juice and the maple syrup.
- Shake for about 30 seconds.
- Add an oversized cube to a cocktail glass or fill with ice.
- Strain the cold whiskey sour mixture into the glass.
- Slowly pour the wine over the back of a spoon held just above the drinks surface to create a nice layered float.
- Impress your friends and enjoy!